Tuesday 28 December 2010

Bikehut performance platform pedals review

Purchased from Halfords (search on cat code 121619-0) for £29.99, these are good value alloy platform pedals.  They are precision CNC machined from a solid block of aluminium, with a 9/16 sized axel and 9 replaceable studs on each side.
The allen nut provides easy access to the bearing and to grease the axel - not that I've needed too yet, but I have taken them apart to check if they were greased properly and to see if any grit was getting passed the seals (it wasn't).  



They're not particularly light, but for the price they are very well made, strong and superb value.  They are half the price of other similar pedals.  They do look good too - apart from the Bikehut logo!!.
Size is approx 90mm width, 100mm long and 18mm deep.


My rating: 8/10



1 comment:

  1. I've just taken these pedals off as I've now gone clipless and these Bikehut pedals aren't as heavy as I thought. They are 458g (pair) which is pretty good. In fact they are only 12g heavier than the Superstar Nano Tech Flats, which are highly regarded as the best around.

    ReplyDelete