Friday 28 October 2011

Not impressed with Life-Cycles mail order


I wanted to buy some Endura clothing and after a few searches on the net, I discovered that Life-Cycles had pretty much the best pricing and seem to show the most extensive Endura range of any online retailer.  On the 10th October I placed an order for a Windchill jacket and some undershorts.  I ordered early in the morning and was assuming the gear would be dispatched that day.
After a few days I emailed them to ask when it was getting dispatched, but no answer.  After a few further days I telephoned and the guy blamed it on someone being on holiday the previous week and said he'll look into it and email me - and again no answer.  I left it another few days and then emailed asking for an update.  Yet again I didn't get a reply and now today after 18 days the package arrived - sent by first class recorded.


So I'm very disappointed in this companies lack of communications appalling speed they have taken to deliver my goods.  I would accept a delay if I was informed that items were out of stock and or informed of problems - but nothing!


In the last month I have purchased other bike bits from outside the UK and the speed I've received these has been fantastic.  I purchased an two Ergon BC1 backpacks from Israel on eBay - they arrived 2 days later (and with no VAT or import duty demand either)!!  I then purchased two Ergon bladders from Rose Bikes in Germany and again these arrived only 2 days later.  I then purchased some torches from Lightmalls in China and these only took 10 days.  And Lightmalls reply to their emails.


I think I'll be buying outside the UK more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment